Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Things I've Learned

I've learned many things since I moved to camp.  Most notably:

1)  If you misplace an important article such as a-padlock-displaying-the-combination-for-every-padlock-on-the-property-where-you-work, do not spend the first two hours of the next morning retracing all of your steps instead of going into the office.  As soon as you walk into the office, you'll find the padlock in the pen-cup on your desk, where you put it last night before leaving, thinking, of course, "I definitely won't forget that it's here."

2)  If you're doing laundry, which requires you to walk about 100 yards to the laundry room, around 11:00 at night, do not be alarmed when you hear other footsteps on the gravel path.  It's only some co-workers out for a jog . . . at 11:00 at night.

3)  Telling your male supervisor that you just started your period in order to explain the fact that you suddenly feel really bad and have to go home immediately is not as awkward as you might think it would be.
Seriously, I was terrified about this one.  Having worked exclusively for women my entire life, I had no idea how that would go down.
All I can say is praise the Lord for married men who understand this sort of thing.

Bonus:
My life has a color scheme.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Any guesses as to what that scheme might be?

Also? Yes.  I broke down and made a new label.  We'll see how this works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes! I'm so happy you decided to leave a comment.
I read every single one, and just love hearing from you!