Saturday, September 3, 2011

Instead of American Idol

A month ago, I was absolutely positive I would be auditioning for American Idol in Houston last week.

That didn't happen.  About the time I made my decision, my Grandmother had open-heart surgery and Mom went down to Houston to help with her recovery, so, instead of American Idol,

I stayed here to hang out with these hooligans
Photobucket

slash champion Twister players
Photobucket

slash ninjas
Photobucket

slash best friends.
Photobucket

I caked

The Inspiration
Photobucket

The Result
Photobucket

The Disaster
Photobucket

The Recovery
Photobucket


I hadn't done this in way too long.  It was a blast, and not only beautiful, but actually delicious (a result which I, sadly, do not always achieve).

And I did some serious soul-searching over a few incredibly full cups of coffee.

Photobucket

Yes, I may have been hanging out with tiny ones all the time, but, between that and getting back into the swing of things at school and work, I did have time for some serious thinking.
The fact is, I did want to audition for American Idol, but I didn't want to be on the show.

I was in search of affirmation, but I already have all the affirmation I need when these tiny ones reach out for me after a nap.
When they ask me to play games with them.
When they throw their arms around me just because I'm there.

Besides, do I really want to be in that world again?

Photobucket

I don't think so.
Just look at what it does to my hair!
All that to say, the past two weeks have contained some of my favorite days ever even if they weren't the days I was expecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes! I'm so happy you decided to leave a comment.
I read every single one, and just love hearing from you!