Monday, September 26, 2011

Excuse me for a moment while I mourn the loss of innocence in our world

There are days when I am so accosted visually and audibly by vulgarity that I get close to crying for the children that I don't even have yet.

There is so much ugliness in the world and I get so scared about the idea of bringing children into it.  It hurts just thinking that someday I will have to stop protecting them and that their poor eyes and ears will be exposed to horrible degrading things.

I don't even have kids yet and I'm already mourning the loss of their innocence.

We are aliens and strangers.  We are sojourners.  We are only passing through.  This is not our home and I praise the Lord for it.

Don't worry.  Happy-Esther-Who-Finds-Beauty-In-Everything will be back in a few hours.

Edit:  Look what I just found!
Isaiah 54:13  "All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children."
What a promise.  Our God is good!

1 comment:

  1. We are aliens and strangers. We are sojourners. We are only passing through. This is not our home and I praise the Lord for it.

    ^AMEN Est

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Yes! I'm so happy you decided to leave a comment.
I read every single one, and just love hearing from you!