Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Psalm 122:1 & Acts 27:29

Psalm 122:1
"I was glad when they said to me, 'Let us go to the house of the LORD!'"
Acts 27:29
"And fearing that we might run aground somewhere on the rocks, they cast four anchors from the stern and prayed for day to come."

I was so blessed in prayer meeting tonight.  I am fully glad that I am here, right here where I need to be, for the summer, because I have the house of the Lord to go to every Sunday and Wednesday.
Every summer I was at camp and away from home, there would be a point when I felt a need, a pull to the house of the Lord which I couldn't respond to because I was busy all day.
I was doing the Lord's work and He was there right beside me the whole time, holding me up and whispering encouragement through a beautiful sky or the pure smile of a child or a verse on the wall of the Pots & Pans room, but I needed to go to His house sometimes.
Camp is a place that I truly love, but the Mission is a place that I truly love as well and I am glad that I can cast my anchors there when I fear running aground.

But you know who I miss?  My sister (you would get a link if there was something to link to) and this girl.
To you two:
I love you both.
We had Bible Study yesterday and something was missing.  That something was you two.
I was on campus yesterday running errands and wishing I could meet you two for lunch.
Tonight I cast anchors for both of you.  Everyone at the Mission cast anchors for you.
My heart is torn in between two places right now.  I think it's clear by now where those two places are.
I can't wait to see you, and I will soon.

1 comment:

  1. We miss you too Es. Our Nacogdoches bubble is feeling slightly empty with just me and Sarah. We'll be home soon! love you!

    ReplyDelete

Yes! I'm so happy you decided to leave a comment.
I read every single one, and just love hearing from you!