Monday, January 24, 2011

Kae Is Right. My Life Really Is A Movie

I'm sitting behind my desk at work, right?  And I'm making phone calls to twelve different people to tell them all the exact same thing.  So, by the eighth one I'm really in the swing of things.  I know what I say when I get someone's voicemail and I know what I say when someone actually answers their phone.  So I call the ninth person.  The phone rings twice and he answers:

Him:  Hello?
Me:  Hi so-and-so, this is Esther with Career Services, calling to let you know that the location for your training today . . .
     (He starts saying something I can't understand)
Me:  I'm sorry?
Him:  I think I'm standing right in front of you.
Me:  What?
     (I look up at a guy standing in front of my desk with an iphone to his ear, grinning awkwardly at me.)
        Well, that's funny.
     (I hang up the phone and we have our conversation in person.)

But really?  That actually happened?
Yes.  Yes it did.

How am I ever going to be able to draw inspiration for my fiction from my own life if my own life isn't even believable sometimes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes! I'm so happy you decided to leave a comment.
I read every single one, and just love hearing from you!