Wednesday, June 8, 2011

What I've Been Up To

Summer started out feeling pretty much as busy as the semester, but there has been a good change in the type of activities that keep me busy, so I'm not complaining.
This post will be picture heavy. (You've been fairly warned.) But the first couple weeks of my summer are not documented at all.  The Friday of finals week, I headed to Camp/Austin to help out with training/visit Kae.
My camera lived under my bed and I didn't take a single picture for two weeks.  Terrible.
But since then, I've been taking pictures non-stop.  Here's a sampling of what I've been up to:

Enjoying Country Life




There's just something about denim on a clothesline.  And yes, that last is a chicken coop.  And yes, it lives outside my bedroom window just like that.  I love it.

Building fences for donkeys which will arrive soon


Yes.  I live in that forest.  Isn't it lovely?


I'm sort of in love with pine trees . . .
Also


Smiling ice cream?  Yes, please.

Baking cakes


Going to Baby's ballet recital





Being hospitable to Grandma's cat, who would have none of it and chose to live in


There?  Really? Okay.  I guess she knows where we won't mess with her . . .

Taking in a baseball game with the favorites and Grandma




And getting Baby's hair cut!



She's so cute!

And, PS, I'm sitting in my favorite coffee shop, which is not playing my favorite music right now.  SO I have my headphones on and have not been paying much attention to my fellow patrons.
In a break between two songs on my headphones just now, I heard the old man across the room say, "We can't reasonably expect to create a 9,000 pound gorilla."
Well sir, I'd say you are right on track with that statement.

1 comment:

  1. Hehehe, oh but if you just try hard enough! Or maybe we should leave 3 ton gorillas to professionals... fair 'nough.

    love you girl, thanks for posting!
    c

    ReplyDelete

Yes! I'm so happy you decided to leave a comment.
I read every single one, and just love hearing from you!