Thursday, May 5, 2011

I Hate Quitting

But I left my job last week.
No, not the Career Services one where I have all those entertaining phone conversations.
Don't worry, I imagine there are still plenty of those posts to come.

*Now including emails!  The other day I got an email that literally had only a question mark in the subject line.  I wouldn't have opened it if I hadn't vaguely recognized the name of the lady sending it.  Really?  I might understand only a question mark in an email to a friend.  Might understand.  But one professional to another?  No.  You've got to make that subject line count, sister.*

Sorry, back to the quitting thing.  Really, I feel like I've left something undone because I left before I absolutely had to.  But, although I keep saying that I left because I have too much on my plate right now, the real reason I left is because my supervisor can't (I repeat cannot) communicate with me.  Now, I understand that this is a two way street, but I have tried so hard, this semester especially, to make sure that lines of communication were open.  But he is, as another person said who knows him, "nonconfrontational in the worst way possible."  So, basically, I was stressed out beyond what was possible to bear.

And I am so looking forward to the rest of my life without that stressor hanging over my head.

Okay, on to good things:

I just found out (well actually last week at about this exact time, but, you know, I didn't blog until just now, so for all practical purposes, I just found out) that I only have to take two more classes to graduate.

Did you catch that?  I ONLY HAVE TWO MORE CLASSES.
There was definitely a day when I thought this day would never come.  Now that it's here, I am so excited!

And you know what else?  I ran into an old family friend the other day who offered me a substitute teaching job which I'm thinking I'll take . . . since I only have two more classes and I just quit my other job.

Isn't life funny?

Be happy everyone!

1 comment:

  1. HEY ESTHER!

    Sorry, I do know that people who always speak in all caps at all times are totally annoying, but I JUST found your blog (there, I'm doing it again) and I was so excited! Not only because I had this sneaking suspicion that I really needed another good blog to follow and you are totally it, but now you can go read our blog and get excited too! (Ok, we're gonna be honest here that it isn't that exciting after all, cause we don't post as much as we should and I followed up my last crazy week of classes with a seemingly even crazier week after that wherein I actually tried to accomplish all of the things I left undone for the past ENTIRE SCHOOL YEAR which, um, didn't quite work. Long and short, lots of project starting, not lots of blogging.)

    Whew, was that a run on sentence or what? Anywho, I guess my major worry at this point is if these comment things have word limits because then you won't get to read this lovely little book of a comment that I'm leading. The other possibly disappointing thing about our blog is that now that I've gotten my freedom at last, I'm going to go camping with the fam for a week, so don't expect any communications for the next 8 days or so. But hey, if you're a nerd like I am (which, well, you are) you might be amused at reading some of the older posts and passing time that way.

    Anywho, I hope that this coming week is filled with God's beauty and goodness and joy and, and... everything else!

    I love you!
    Candace

    ReplyDelete

Yes! I'm so happy you decided to leave a comment.
I read every single one, and just love hearing from you!