Friday, January 15, 2016

Today I Received a Thank You Note

For a hug I gave someone 3 years ago.

I'm not kidding!

Okay, so maybe it was for a little more than the hug, but seriously, I was kind of overwhelmed by the fact that she mentioned me hugging her on a hard day as a memory that has stayed with her this long. How wonderful to think that little normal everyday actions we make can so impact other people's lives.

Physical touch is a necessary part of my life - hugs are my thing. Sometimes I wonder if the main reason I give them is because I need them. Regardless of all that, though, giving someone a hug on a hard day is just my natural response to their trouble.

It was really amazing to realize that what seemed small and insignificant (and maybe even routine?) at the time was very impactful on someone else.

What a powerful reminder to keep loving on others in small everyday ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes! I'm so happy you decided to leave a comment.
I read every single one, and just love hearing from you!