Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving

I've been rather absent lately.  My apologies.
I haven't pulled my camera out lately either.  I've been too busy with things like this:

Photobucket

Buying my cap and gown!  I'm actually graduating!
I have absolutely no explanation for the face in that picture.
Oh, and also finishing a 50-something page thesis. (Still not finished, but let's not talk about it right now.)

Hahaha.  I'm punny.  The name of my thesis (Are you ready for this?) is Let's Not Talk About It. And, I solemnly promise, putting that in my parenthesis was totally unintentional.  Can you tell what's foremost on my mind right now?

But, on to the point of this post.
Thanksgiving/this entire month has not been easy for my family this year and that is all I will say about that.
However, to remind myself, and you, that there is beauty in difficult circumstances, I present you with a good ol' Favorite Day list of things I am thankful for today:

Friends who love me and daily show me new and wonderful ways to love God and people
The drive to do quiet times.  I haven't had it in a while, but it's coming back.  Praise the Lord!
A job I will absolutely love already waiting for me as soon as I graduate.  If working in Career Services has
     taught me one thing, it's that getting a job as soon as you graduate is a rare treasure indeed.  Glory to God!
Calling this place home

Photobucket

I've never really gotten into the whole let's-be-super-thankful-on-Thanksgiving-Day thing.  I just really feel like it's important to be thankful every day. Although I never really say it, I hope that's what this blog expresses more than anything - that there are things every day, no matter what else is going on - to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes! I'm so happy you decided to leave a comment.
I read every single one, and just love hearing from you!