Thursday, February 17, 2011

Career Services, this is Esther, I'm not a mind-reader.

Phone rings.

"Career Services, this is Esther.  How can I help you?"

"Yeah, and we have to turn in something."
*long pause*
"for our class"  in a tone that says you should know what I'm talking about by now.

"Okay" in a cheerful voice, thinking hopefully I'll figure out what's going on soon.

"Yeah, and I was just wondering if I could turn it in online instead of having to actually come up there."


Have no fear, eventually we figured out what was going on and that he could in fact turn in in online.  But really, sometimes I wonder how people actually got as far in their life as they are right now.

2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to this, LOL! It's amazing how many customers call and just start talking like I should know exactly what in the world they are talking about just because they called me and it's my job. Sigh. People can be so funny!

    ReplyDelete

Yes! I'm so happy you decided to leave a comment.
I read every single one, and just love hearing from you!